Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mosso is Down!!

Today I wake up to half a dozen or so emails telling me that various sites I run are down. What a wonderful way to start the morning. So I start looking into it and it turns out that 2 of the big database clusters at Mosso (a clustered hosting environment spun off from rackspace) are just not working correctly.

So most of the sites I manage are back up - the ones that are static and the ones that are not relying on these 2 specific mysql clusters. Sadly the 2 biggest sites I run are 2 of the ones on those clusters.

The upside in all of this? Well I will get a free month of hosting for downtime... The downside? Lost revenue, lost reputation, lost traffic, and potentially lost SERP. oh well - lets see how it goes!

Mobile post sent by mjesales using Utterz Replies.

No comments: